Friday, March 14, 2014

Sewing Room makeover!

I've been looking forward to setting my sewing room up since I moved into my house in October and this week that time finally came!
So off to Ikea I went and got everything I needed to make these tables!  The pink legs were on sale which sweetened the deal. My best friend helped me out by drilling the holes to drop my plugs down through and fastening the table tops together. 
The thread storage I got at both Joanns and Hobby Lobby. I love color and rainbows so was excited to see how all my thread was going to look on display!  Just in case you're wondering the thread is mostly Guterman with some Mueller and an occasional Coats and Clark. 
The ironing board cover I made about a year ago and love it!  The cabinet is filled with dozens and dozens of patterns 😁
The hanger on the wall is old thread spools and I found it at Rod Works!
I've never met a glass jar I didn't like and save just about every jar that enters my home!  The jars make the perfect spot to store buttons, ribbon, tape measures, extra scissors, and labels!
The cute little shelf was a Hobby Lobby find and is the perfect scissor hanger!  The little yellow thing on top was given to me by a friend in Mississippi and has a little smiley face on it, it always makes me happy when I look at it 😊.  The silver scissors are old Ginghers that my Mamo used to make quilts. The still cut like new and I love using them. The hanging mason jars I found at Target and adore them!  They are the perfect spot to store random sewing things. 
I always have an over abundance of fabric scraps and finally have a pretty way to store them. These cute wire baskets I picked up at Hobby Lobby. 
I made the fabric storage unit out of 12x12 wire storage things I found at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's perfect for my stash. Inside the armoire I have my mandatory tv....I mean who doesn't like to watch tv while crafting? I also have tons of scrap booking stuff in there. 
Phew!  I think that's it! I have lots more planned so stay tuned for updates!

1 comment: